A Modern Place with Old Fashion Grace!





Contact Us



 Website Policy
 Our Community


News/Press Releases 



Borough Council

 Council Meeting Minutes

 Doing Business with the 



 Borough Ordinances  

 Our Local Government

 Alphabetical Index

 Contact Us 





































 How does one dispose of trash?
Borough residents contract directly with private collectors who charge a fee.  There is no public dump serving the borough.  Consult your local telephone directory for listings.


 Is burning allowed in the Borough?
Paper and wood products are allowed to be burned in the borough on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, holidays excluded, between dawn and dusk.  Other restrictions apply.  Contact the borough office for details.  


 Any provision for leaf and brush disposal?
The Borough is currently providing weekly curbside brush pick up on Wednesdays.  This courtesy only requires the resident to call in to the Borough Office, (724) 452-6610, to get their name on the list for a particular week.


 How do I apply for electric and water service?
You must sign an agreement with the borough
by visiting the borough office.


 How do I apply for a building permit?
As construction and remodeling can be affected by building regulations, zoning regulations, and borough ordinances, you are asked to contact the Code Enforcement/ Zoning Officer (724-452-3002) or the Borough Building Inspector, M.D.I.A. (866-884-6343).  They can ensure your project complies with appropriate regulations and advise you of the permit fees.  Some Permits/Applications are available on this Home Page by clicking  Permits/Applications.


How do I get answers on zoning and related questions?
Contact the Code Enforcement/Zoning Officer at 724-452-3002.


Are there regulations or laws about the use of signs in Zelienople?
There are restrictions about displaying signs; click here for details.


 What are lien letters? How are they initiated? How are they resolved?
Lien letters reflect an unpaid bill on a property such as for utility bills or sidewalk repair.  The property generally can not be sold until the lien is paid.  Payments for liens are generally made through the attorneys handling the sale of the property.  Lien letters may be obtained by calling the borough office, 724-452-6610, x221.  There is a $20.00 fee for preparation and the request must be made at least 2 weeks prior to its execution date.


How do I contact community organizations not easily found in the telephone directories?
Try the Alphabetic Index of this Home Page or the Chamber of Commerce or the Borough Office.


How do I get information about Voting?
Click here.








  Updated:  01/07/2014